Program Educational Objectives
Within a few years after graduation, NNU engineering alumni will be:
- Practicing engineering with professionalism, integrity, and Christian principles.
- Advancing in their career through continuous learning, leadership, and teamwork.
- Serving their profession, the community, and God’s creation.
By the time of graduation, NNU engineering students will demonstrate:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- an ability to practice engineering with professionalism, ethics, and Christ-like principles, and to make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Below are enrollment statistics starting in 2013.